The Fernie Museum is an active community hub that promotes Fernie, past and present. As part of this mandate, the Museum rents both its main floor and the second floor galleries to community organizations and businesses for meetings and events within a set of guidelines that ensure the protection of artifacts and works of art on exhibit.
There are four simple steps to booking a facility rental at the Fernie Museum:
- Download and review the Facility Rental Guide.
- Contact the Fernie Museum to learn if the date of your planned meeting or event is available
- Fill out the online rental application or send an email with the date(s), time(s), type of event and number of expected people. We will contact you to go over the details.
- Confirm the booking by bringing or sending your your payment and signed contract to the Museum.
M– USEUM FACILITIES | CAPACITY, AMENITIES AND AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
The Museum Main Hall | This gallery features the Museum’s core exhibit, This Is Our Fernie. The gallery is ideal for wine and cheese receptions for up to 125 people.
Temporary Exhibit Gallery | The museum’s 2nd floor gallery measures 27 feet x 30 feet (approximately 800 square feet). It comfortably accommodates 125 standing and 75 seated; set-up is flexible and the space is ideal for receptions and meetings. There is a washroom and a storage closet located on this level.
Access to the 2nd floor gallery is located in the back of the Museum Main Hall or via the Museum’s side entrance. The Museum has handicapped access to the second floor.
Rental clients have free access to the museum’s public Wi-Fi and a limited supply of tables and chairs.
For a small additional charge, the Museum can provide:
• 46” plasma TV with USB, monitor and HD hook-up ports/cords for presentations (including Mac-compatible adapter).
• Flip chart
• Admission to the museum’s core exhibit, This Is Our Fernie, located on the main floor (2nd floor gallery rentals).
For specialty needs, the museum maintains a list of catering, audio-visual and event services that are familiar with the museum’s rental requirements.
For further information about renting the Fernie Museum for your next function or meeting, of if you require a quote, please contact Visitor Services at 250.423.7016, extension 1 or by email. Be sure to inquire how your event photo can be a part of the Fernie Museum archives!